PT/FT Assembly and Test Technician
- Employer: OSENSA Innovations Corp.
- Location: Burnaby, BC
- Job Type: Part
- Job Status: Contract Time
- Category: Technician
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 6
- Posting Date: Jan 19, 2021
- Posting Expiry: Feb 15, 2021
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
OSENSA Innovations is a leading developer and manufacturer of industrial fiber optic temperature sensing products for the semiconductor, medical and power distribution/transmission markets. Please refer to our website www.osensa.com for additional details.
We are looking for an optical/mechanical assembly and test technician to work at our Burnaby headquarters, starting in February 2021 or shortly thereafter. Salary will be competitive with industry standards and augmented to reflect talent.
The successful candidate will possess fine motor skills for assembly of precision optical components, will demonstrate a strong attention to detail and will always ensure the highest level of quality with the work they perform. You will work as part of a small production team and be responsible for producing products in a timely fashion in accordance to our ISO 9001 quality system and standards.
• Assemble, test and calibrate opto-electronics modules
• Assemble, polish, inspect and test optical fiber cables
• Assist with quality control at various stages of the production process including reporting non-conformances
• Assist with the creation of documentation for various manufacturing processes
• Assist with periodic inventory counts and report shortages
• Assist with in-coming inspection
• Assist with receiving, packing and shipping
• Ability to work with small parts, hand tools and digital instruments
• Excellent hand/eye coordination with good vision and color distinction
• Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions well
• Self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to work independently
• Some manufacturing assembly experience in opto-electro-mechanical considered as an asset
• Skills in reading, writing and speaking in English
• Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office
• Basic soldering skills considered as an asset
How to apply:
Apply by submitting a PDF of your resume along with a brief cover letter not exceeding 250 words describing your relevant skills/experience and why you would be a good candidate for this job.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.