Full-Stack Web Developer
- Employer: OSENSA Innovations
- Location: Burnaby, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Intermediate Engineer
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 12
- Posting Date: Oct 15, 2021
- Posting Expiry: Nov 10, 2021
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
To be clear we aren't looking for baby-horse developers, just full-stack developers.
Osensa Innovations develops and manufactures fiber-optic sensor products for semiconductor, life sciences and high-voltage power applications. After developing world-leading temperature sensing technology Osensa is now rapidly expanding its product portfolio to integrate other sensing capabilities into monitoring systems with remote cloud-based capabilities. Please refer to our website www.osensa.com for additional details.
Why should you work at Osensa?
- Exciting young company rapidly growing
- Competitive Salaries
- Flexible Work Environment
- Employee Profit Sharing
- Education & Professional Membership Benefit
- Transit Friendly
- Office Hangboard
We are looking for an experienced web developer for a full-time permanent position to work at our Burnaby research and manufacturing facility. The starting date is October 2021. The salary will be competitive with industry standards and augmented to reflect talent. Incentives include annual bonuses, profit sharing, flexible work hours, and a highly technical and exciting collaborative work environment.
The successful candidate will develop internal and customer facing web apps in all stages. You will be the main contributor in UI/UX design, front-end and back-end coding, testing and troubleshooting. One of the major projects you would be involved in is implementing a web app for a novel IoT device. You will be the technical expert and provide guidance on what tools and technologies to employ.
You are a passionate web developer who can build sleek and functional web apps using modern web frameworks. You know how to use the right tool for the job and know how to avoid reinventing the wheel. You are up to date with the new web tech and willing to learn and utilize new tools and frameworks as needed. You understand what production ready means and will take your time to do proper testing of your code. You are aware of why unit-testing matters, and you advocate for test automation. You are also self-motivated, creative, and disciplined; you know how to work in a team environment.
What you will be doing:
- Developing web apps for cloud based IOT devices
- Designing and implementing robust backend architecture and intuitive frontend user interfaces
- Researching and implementing the best tools to use
- Participating in code reviews, and writing unit tests
- Experience in any of these front-end web frameworks: React, Vue, Svelte
- Two years of web development experience
- Understanding of HTML, CSS
- Solid programming experience in Python and/or Java
- Previously demonstrated talent and initiative on relevant projects including an online portfolio show casing your work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to product quality
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering)
Not required, but beneficial:
- Experienced managing and maintaining projects using GitHub
- Experience with REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience using and developing projects for the Raspberry Pi
- Understanding of cybersecurity risks
- Experience with web-based cloud connectivity for IOT devices
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and microservices knowledge
How to apply:
Please send a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a brief cover letter (written in the body of your email and not exceeding 250 words) describing your relevant skills/experience and why you would be a good candidate for this job. And please include a link to your online portfolio/website if you have one.
The subject line should be: “Full-Stack Web Developer (Your name)”.