Senior Software Engineer
- Employer: OSENSA Innovations Corp.
- Location: Burnaby, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Senior Engineer
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 11
- Posting Date: Dec 10, 2020
- Posting Expiry: Jan 15, 2021
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Osensa Innovations develops and manufactures fiber-optic sensor products for semiconductor, life sciences and high-voltage power applications. After developing world-leading temperature sensing technology Osensa is now rapidly expanding its product portfolio to integrate other sensing capabilities into monitoring systems with remote cloud-based capabilities. Please refer to our website www.osensa.com for additional details.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for a full-time permanent position to work at our Burnaby research and manufacturing facility. The starting date is January 2021. The salary will be competitive with industry standards and augmented to reflect talent. Incentives include annual bonuses, profit sharing, flexible work hours, and a highly technical and exciting collaborative work environment.
The successful candidate will lead the software development team at Osensa. You will be responsible for program architectures, overseeing development efforts for software and firmware that interfaces with our devices (running on computers, web servers, and more), as well as the software used in manufacturing for quality-control purposes. You will be the technical expert and provide guidance on what tools and technologies to employ.
You are self-motivated, creative, and disciplined; you know how to work in a team environment and lead by example. You are pragmatic and able to quickly build proof-of-concept software systems using the most efficient tools. But you are an architect rather than a hacker: you use an organized development process, possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, and understand many relevant communications protocols (e.g. SPI, RS485, Modbus, DNP3, TCP/IP, HTTP etc.).
The position will evolve based on the trajectory of Osensa, but the following tasks are likely to form a significant portion of the job:
- Developing cross-platform applications that interface with our devices
- Designing and implementing robust backend architecture and intuitive frontend user interfaces
- Developing, testing, and deploying software that communicates with the cloud
- Leading other team members by assigning tasks and providing guidance where needed to ensure that they are highly productive
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Physics, Electrical Engineering)
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Experienced managing and maintaining projects using GitHub
- Previously demonstrated talent and initiative on relevant projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to product quality
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and delegate tasks
The following bullet points are not requirements, but would be useful to Osensa, as it would allow the successful candidate to become productive more quickly:
- Experience with the following software tools:
o NetBeans IDE for Java
o Kivy (cross-platform Python GUI framework)
- Experience writing firmware for ARM microcontrollers
- Experience using and developing projects for the Raspberry Pi
- Experience setting up local servers and knowledge on cybersecurity
- Experience with web-based connectivity for devices (Internet-of-Things)
- Experience interfacing smart phones with custom hardware (e.g., over Bluetooth, NFC, or using the headphone plug)
How to apply:
Please submit a PDF of your resume with a brief cover letter (not exceeding 250 words) describing your relevant skills/experience and why you would be a good candidate for this job.