Junior Mechatronics Engineer
- Employer: OSENSA Innovations Corp.
- Location: Burnaby, BC
- Job Type: Full
- Job Status: Permanent Time
- Category: Junior Engineer
- Sub Category: N/A
- Job ID: 10
- Posting Date: Dec 10, 2020
- Posting Expiry: Jan 15, 2021
- Contact Name: N/A
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: N/A
- Contact Fax: N/A
Osensa Innovations develops and manufactures fiber-optic sensor products for semiconductor, life sciences and high-voltage power applications. After developing world-leading temperature sensing technology Osensa is now rapidly expanding its product portfolio to integrate other sensing capabilities into monitoring systems with remote cloud-based capabilities. Please refer to our website www.osensa.com for additional details.
We are looking for a Junior Mechatronics Engineer for a full-time permanent position to work at our Burnaby research and manufacturing facility. The starting date is January 2021. Students graduating spring 2021 are encouraged to apply as other positions will open over the coming months. The salary will be competitive with industry standards and augmented to reflect talent. Incentives include annual bonuses, profit sharing, flexible work hours, and a highly technical and exciting collaborative work environment.
The focus of the job is new product development of fiber optic sensors and related control systems. Approximately 50% of your time will be spent developing firmware for embedded processors using C++ or Python programming languages. The other 50% of your time will include product testing, documenting results and researching ideas to improve our technology. You will work under the guidance of a senior engineer and have access to other experts to guide you. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, creative, disciplined, learns quickly, and solves problems in a logical way. The successful candidate will be naturally mindful of delivering exceptional quality work, both in paying attention to every detail of design, creating thorough documentation, and optimizing all work processes for best efficiency.
The position will evolve based on both the aptitude of the successful candidate and the trajectory of Osensa, but the following tasks are likely to form a significant portion of the job:
- Implementing C++ firmware algorithms in DSP’s and ARM microprocessors
- Developing Python code for communications and control of fiber optic sensors
- Developing projects on a Raspberry PI to control I/O’s and automate manufacturing processes
- Creating and executing test plans and documenting results
- Troubleshooting electronics designs as far as they relate to firmware development and I/O control
- Creating engineering documentation to release new products to manufacturing
- B.A.Sc. degree in a relevant engineering discipline such as Mechatronics, Engineering Physics, Electrical, or Software Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
How to apply:
Please submit a PDF of your resume with a brief cover letter (not exceeding 250 words) describing your relevant skills/experience and why you would be a good candidate for this job.